Local Charger Load Management Controller
LinkRay: Local load management for any OCPP AC and DC charger
LinkRay sits between the charge station management system and charge points allowing onsite local control of charge points without interfering with back-office control and billing.
LinkRay operates in mixed charging environments of DC and single and 3-phase AC chargers.
Load balancing can be enabled on a per-charger basis.
LinkRay will seamlessly relay messages between the charge station management system and connected charge points, acting mostly as a transparent proxy.
It monitors OCPP messages that are relevant to charging limits, setting new limits when required.
It connects to an on-site Modbus meter to measure overall site power and calculates the available power for the charger array to dynamically load balance them, ensuring that the overall power limits to the site are not exceeded.
LinkRay is simple to install requiring only an OCPP 1.6 connection to chargers and back office. It is configured with the back office (CSMS) connection URL and the chargers are configured to connect to the LinkRay. Once this is set up, normal operation will be established. Neither the back office nor the charge points need any extra software to work with LinkRay.
A built-in webpage allows control over how LinkRay interacts with the chargers, enabling adjustment of charge profiles according to on-site energy demands and providing a means for load balancing the system.
LINKRAY Charge Station Load Balancing Controller
- LinkRay is our localised load balancing solution.
- LinkRay sits between your charger and CSMS to locally manage power consumption within your installation.
- LinkRay does this by reading, but not altering, the messages sent to the back office.
- For each given charger you can apply limits of power.
- The site installation limit will be shared across all chargers that are actively charging a vehicle, ensuring that everyone gets their fair share.
- LinkRay can also act as a back-up load manager in case connections to the back office fail. In this instance, LinkRay will take over from the messages your back office would have provided to keep the chargers functioning.
LinkRay is configured with the back office (CSMS) connection URL and the chargers are configured to connect to LinkRay.
Once this is setup, normal operation will be established. Neither the back office nor the charge points need any extra software to work with LinkRay.
Upstream and downstream connectivity
Site power limits
Manual charger control
Add and delete chargers
Let’s get maximum control of your chargers
LINKRAY gives you increased control and visibility of the performance of your chargers. Don’t risk power outages; let’s get LINKRAY protecting your EV charging system.